FB Strong Week 1 complete! Plus I made up a song about Kelli :P

Hi Blenders! I finished up week 1 of FB Strong on Friday! Feeling really good and of course, STRONG! Wanted to share some thoughts.

Workout 5 is alternating upper body reps in a single-single-double pattern. I've done this workout many times, and it is deceptively tough! Especially by the burnout round. During burnout, I made up a song with a chorus that goes:

"I hate you so much right now, Kelli!

Always tryna make me lose my belly

I know I don't need to jiggle like jelly

But I hate you so much right now Kelli"

LOL the burnout was really tough!!

Overall, week 1 was fantastic from my perspective! I really enjoyed lifting heavy, and I noticed that I slept better this week and was able to stabilize my eating. I had less cravings, less desire to snack on junk, and actually looked forward to my workouts in the evening! Physically, I felt less bloated and had more energy than I have had in a very, very long time! My spirits were good, too - a true victory as someone who has struggled with anxiety and depression in the past!

Week 2 includes more HIIT, and likely I will feel a little more tired given my work schedule. I am determined to get through it though! Wish me luck!

Also, perhaps like some of you, HIIT is simply not my favorite. I started doing low impact HIIT modifications with 1 lb ankle weights, though, and I definitely can feel the burn in my butt and thighs. May be something for those of you who have trouble motivating for HIIT workouts.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Make it a great one!