Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, January 3rd

A blanket hello or a quilty hi to all you Blendos 'round the world. How are you all doing and feeling in this moment? Excited that it's nearly the weekend!? Not excited?

Well, excited or something else, this Mushroom from Monday is back! It started the week out all shiny and fresh and ready to tackle the adventures ahead. And how it looks now might be how all of us feel by the time we get to a Friday. Or finishing a really tough workout! A little beat up, a little wilted, but still standing! Relatable, no? ..Look, I started the week comparing you all to our mysterious motivator, so I probably should end the week doing the same. There's just not mush room for anything else.

I realised that I'm not a fungi, but more of a fungal. And I have an infection to make.

Pretty sure I'm not using these words quite right, but I'm just trying to ramble my way to a punch line.

Punching! We do that in kickboxing, which sometimes is part of our workouts, so this is a great time to talk sweaty to me. I think I'm finally going to get to the new lower body workout from Plus today, so I'm pretty excited for that! But what do you have going on? Resting from resting or exercising that right to take a break, do whatever you need to do today to get to feeling good. Or better.

Between workouts and food seems like a good place to announce that our Spartan visiting warrior Blender, Magda, will be ghosting (guest hosting. Yes, it is a thing now.) the weekend check-in. Have fun, Magda. I think you guys will have an entertainingly Magda styled and chocolate covered check-in.

Chocolate! We eat that, so this must mean we are in the food aisle. So what delicious food will be gracing those plates of yours? I got my sights set on, you guessed it, pizza! Homemade goodness right there, but what's chewing on with you?

Now before I really go, let's have ourselves the first fitness Friday of 2020! I'm sure we have a lot of new faces coming on board to start or renew their fitness journey. They might even find their way here, so the question this Friday is what advice would you give someone just starting or resuming? Imagine when you first started, what would you tell yourself? I know it's probably been asked before, but I know anyone would find what you have to say most helpful to someone just starting out or having a difficult time. You never know who can benefit from your words and personal experience. ..My little bit of advice or what I would've liked to have told my younger self would be to start small and not overwhelm yourself with eating right and exercising all at once. A healthy lifestyle is not a race or a life forever filled with salads and endless cardio. Too much too fast can actually be a demotivator. Start easy. Learn. Build good habits. Go further. Get results. And don't sweat the setbacks. It's not about the number of times you fall down, but rather every time you get back up that counts.

Alright, I tried to see if there was was a character limit to these check-ins, but it just keeps letting me type. Thank you guys for reading, checking in, and just generally being your awesome selves. It's always a pleasure to read a little bit about what you've got going on; the good and the bad. Because we are here to cheer and support each other, day in and day out.

I'll see you guys back on Monday, but for now, let's do the Friday thing. Happy dancing optional, but strongly recommended.