Homemade Chocolate/Peanut Butter Cups

College got me addicted to chocolate. I mean like... a bag of chocolate in a day during finals. I've thankfully transitioned out of eating that much sugar thanks to dark chocolate (which I could eat less of to feel satisfied). And now for the pure purpose of money saving, I've been making my own chocolate. The great thing is- they kinda taste better than store bought in my opinion ;) But they have to stay cold or they melt real easily, haha. I thought I'd share this simple recipe with my own twist!

Basically, I followed the allrecipes recipe below for the chocolate:

-1/3 cup cocoa powder

-1/3 cup coconut oil

-3 Tbsp sweetener (like honey or maple syrup) If you don't mind bitter, you can skip sweetener, as well.

-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

For peanut butter cups:

-Peanut butter (natural preferred)

-powdered sugar (optional)

The recipe says that it'll eventually get thicker, but it never does for me, haha. No worries though because freezing it worked.

-First, line a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners and set it in the freezer.

-Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate and stir for a couple minutes.

-If you want plain chocolate, take the pan out of the freezer and fill the liners quarter or half full (for portion control ;) )

---If you want peanut butter cups, fill the bottom just an eighth of an inch (no exact measurement). If you want, swirl the chocolate around the cups to coat the sides. Make sure you have at least half or more of the chocolate mixture remaining for later.

-Please in freezer and wait for the chocolate to set.

-(optional) mix peanut butter with a bit of powdered sugar. If you want it healthier, use just plain peanut butter

-Glob in a tiny bit of the peanut butter (or peanut butter mixture) on top of the chocolate and press it down to try and make it flat. Leave room at the top.

-Pour more chocolate on the top until it covers the peanut butter.

-Freeze again and wait for it to set and you're done!

The frozen coconut oil makes the perfect velvety texture. Adding peanut butter adds just the right amount of salt. Careful, these can be addicting! Portion control ;)

Chocolate recipe:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236212/homemade-melt-in-your-mouth-dark-chocolate-paleo/

Hope you enjoy these!