Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Help me eat healthier! I'm desperate!

My 2 health related new years resolutions are

1)consistently get in at least 4 workout completes a week (right now I might get 4-6 one week and 1 or 2 the next, if any)

2) start eating healthier...no diets. A better, cleaner diet period.

My problem is the 2nd one. I've tried it before and failed many times. I have had a primarily processed food diet my entire life. It's all my parents served and I never grew out of it. I'm so addicted to that type of food. I've tried adding more healthier options but it never lasts long. I've been able to make small changes(I'm 38 years old and have just FINALLY cut out soda!) and I'm able to force certain things down my throat but I just crave all the processed crap.

This might sound stupid and realllly immature but does anyone have any recipes or ideas where I can get recipes to kind of, I guess ease my taste buds into it? I just saw the salad FB just posted about and that, for example just seems disgusting and inedible for me, so you can see how immature my taste buds are.

I'm going to be 39 in a few weeks so this is really embarrassing for me to even post at my age, but this is a fairly judgement free bunch so why not?Every time I've asked anyone in my life for tips to help the transition I just get the adult version of "shut up and eat your veggies" lol.