Daily Check-in: Thursday, January 2nd

Hello everyone and welcome to the second day of the new year! Don't worry, I won't be counting up every day like this, but maybe now things can start coming down from the all the holidays and life can go back to a more normal pace. But how did your first day of the year go? Tell me! Tell us!

Among other firsts, maybe this is your first time seeing the daily postings of these check-ins, and now you've come to check them out or maybe you have been reading silently and not posting. Well, if you see this and if you want, come say hi! This is not an exclusive group. Everyone is more than welcome, because this check-in is your check-in. So don't feel shy; say hello! You'll be in good company!

Speaking of the check-in, let me get ahead of myself and announce that we've got another ghost (guest host) for you this weekend! This weekend will tenatively feature Anne; that is, if you still want to do it, Anne. I said I would ask you again to see if you feel up to it and want to do one. If not, that's perfectly fine and Magda can ghost this weekend instead as long as she's good. You guys let me know if this weekend or another weekend works better. One way or another, some ghosting is happening! And you all will be in for a treat.

Alright, now let's go to why we are here: Workouts and food. Or rest and food. The food stays no matter what. Non negotiable. Because you have to eat, whereas some days you have to rest from those workouts...or is the time between meals considered a nice long water break? ..Anyway, what are you lifting to your mouth? What workout sandwhiches are you biting into, if any? ..Yes I blended (A Blender's gotta blend) the workouts and food into one paragraph and made a real mess of things in the kitchen gym. But in my defense, water shows up in both activities, so this paragraph is really about staying hydrated..Honestly, I'm still too sore in my lower body to try anything. It's much better, but I'm still feeling it, so the new LB workout from Plus will have to wait another day. And I'm going to be pretty busy today, so it all ads up to an active rest day! The food will feature something quick with chicken. And veggies. Can't go wrong with that. And plenty of water for today, of course.

Hey, just wondering, but has anyone noticed the gator in the center of today's picture?

Go on and check it out. I'll wait.

It's kinda hard to see, being he/she is a tiny fella. All two feet of him/her taking its own break from the water by hanging out on a little rock. Sorry if it's difficult to make out. It's the product of a phone camera at a distance.. besides, I've been zooming in on so many closeups on things lately, it was time to step back and look at the bigger picture.

And we can keep that bigger picture in mind as we go on throughout the year so as to help not loose sight of what we are trying to achieve; fitness wise or something else you have going on today or down the road. The bigger picture being your overall goals, not this one with the gator. This picture won't help with any of your goals. You're just now well informed now that there is a little gator near a body of water somewhere in Florida.

You're welcome, FB Family.

Edited