Amazing New Decade!

I’ve spent a lot of the past month reflecting on changes I’ve made in my life over the last few years.

I’ve changed jobs, leaving behind unnecessary stresses. I’ve added beautiful new skills to my repertoire. I’ve had all kinds of personal breakthroughs. I’ve done things I’d never have thought I could have done. I’ve become a kind of person I never thought I could be - one who recognizes that she’s resourceful and powerful in her own life; one who is able to use her own strengths to make positive changes.

I’m not going to discount the fact that therapy and a supportive relationship have been huge factors in this growth, but that little Fitness Blender calendar that shows a consistent (and fun!) 3-5 workouts per week since I found FB in 2017 has had such a massive impact.

By appearances, I suppose I look like a fairly typical middle aged woman, but I feel like freakin’ Wonder Woman. At other times in my life I’ve been thinner, had a tough personal trainer, trained in a kickboxing gym, and did all kinds of hard work to punish my body into some kind of obedience. Not anymore. The positive, affirming nature of FB has totally changed my relationship to my body. I’m super in love with it because of what it can do. And I love that I can have such skilled and positive instructors right in my own little “home gym”.

I wish the best new year, new decade, new everything to whoever reads this!

-s