Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

First Picture of me + a message to the "weak"

Hello friends!

It has been a long time since I've been participating on this forum but I've also had a lot of other things on my plate. I'm ashamed to admit a lot of my fitness schedule has been bypassed, and there is a pitiful lack of green ticks filling my calendar. I've been all for the "10 minute workouts" and multi tasking stretching while doing other things etc. But I do manage to get in a strength workout every now and then, and it certainly has never left me!

I took this photo today, after another one of those "15 minute workouts"... it really amazes me how much of my strength still remains even though I've hardly been doing many workouts at all (although I do have quite an active lifestyle!). I don't think this is the most toned or strong I've ever been but I'm proud of my body as it is right now and how strong it is.

This is a photo of a girl who was told she was a "weakling" and would never be strong.

This a photo of a girl who believed she could be strong even if no one else did.

This is a photo of a girl who never gave up but learned to be gentle and take it easy with her body.

This is a photo of a girl who has done approximately 6 official workouts in the past month but never fretted about losing 'gains'.

This is a photo of a girl who is imperfect but still TRYS.

This is a photo of a girl who is encouraging anyone else out there who has been labelled "weak", who has no one in their every day life supporting them in their fitness journey, or who wonders if they will ever gain muscle...

... you CAN do it. It is not impossible. Take little steps. If you skip a day, have a bad week, even have a wretched month - that is OK! Just keep your eyes focused ahead, always moving forward. Take it day by day and inch by inch - crawl on your knees if you have to - to get to where you want to go. Only never give up. You ARE strong and your body was designed and created to do amazing things. Take care of it, be proud of it, and never stop moving forward with it.

I believe in you. It's time you believe in yourself. ☺

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!

P.S. Please excuse my room in the background - I share it with my little sister who isn't particularly tidy. 😉

Edited