s
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Struggling with resting vs. pushing on

I like to use the programs because they do a good job of motivating me to keep to a schedule, and do my workouts in spite of other things going on, including chronic pain (arthritis) and just plain tiredness. But that also begs the question; when do I push through and do a workout, knowing that I'll be glad I did it, and when do I just blow it off, because I'm just too freakin' tired and in too much pain to do the workout? Part of my problem is that I'm a little OCD (self diagnosed) and hate to see dreaded "recently missed programs" on my dashboard, which I now have because yesterday, I just couldn't do it. In fact, I was falling asleep, watching tv by 7:00 pm last night!

Oh well, I guess I'm not really asking a question, other than, when or how do you tell that you need to push on, and do the workout, because you know you really need it and it'll be great to feel that post workout feeling, and when do you really need to listen to your body, (which Daniel and Kelli preach and teach all the time) and just sit on the couch and fall asleep watching tv? I answered that for myself yesterday, but today I'm still thinking of skipping the next workout. It's frustrating to get so behind on a program, but I think that's just what I'll have to do.

I tell you, getting older and developing arthritis is not for sissies!