a

Making it work!

Hi folks! Checking in post-workout from my family homestay abroad. I started integrating some workouts into my daily routine last week, but today was the first time I made full use of my resistance bands and loops to replace dumbbells. It worked great! I did the descending-reps/ascending-resistance Build a Booty lower body workout that I love so much and it was a perfect trial run for using bands. It's not quite the same effect as lifting weights -- kinda more like the stabilization burn you get from going down a steep downhill hike, instead of the fiber-tearing burn you get from hoisting yourself up a steep, rocky uphill. Either way, my body is appreciating the exertion, and I must have done something right because my legs almost gave out during one of my cool down stretches. And thanks to the altitude here, I even got decently winded.

If I am being honest, I'm in a bit of a rough patch with my time abroad, just feeling very isolated. It is the first time in over 4 years that I've been away from my partner for anywhere near this long (and I'm just at the 1/3 mark so far) and I'm realizing how much my mood and my nerves are affected by not having the near-constant soothing effects of affectionate contact. Fortunately, exercise has a similar grounding affect, which I'm coming to really appreciate. Thank you, Fitness Blender, for being adaptable to the teensy strip of open space and limited equipment I have to serve as my home gym, and for helping me stay relatively sane!

Sending good vibes to everyone with whatever your challenges of the moment may be. Keep taking good loving care of your physical beings! And give your loved ones a friendly squeeze for those of us who can't at the moment.