Take care of yourselves

Hello all!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to remind you all to look after and take care of yourselves.

Especially with Christmas coming up and something that has happened to me recently I felt the need to share my thoughts.

I'm a natural fighter and I'm always on top of things. I work many hours in a busy job that puts a lot of pressure on myself.

I used to think of my daily workouts as a form of relief from all this stress which is was at first. I would come home after a 13 hours shift and still get my workout done, cook dinner, get everything ready for the next day and start all over the next day. Always trying to please everyone and not share any weaknesses.

Until 2 weeks ago I had a total breakdown. The doctors made me stay off work until the new year so I could get some distance as I'm close to a burn out. I am on strict order to relax and do what I enjoy. Working out is definitely part of that. I could not imagine not working out.

However, I had to take a step back and not force myself into it just for the sake of working out or because I would feel bad about myself if I skipped a workout thinking that I miraculously would gain 10 pounds and lose all my muscle over night.

Now, I work out when i feel like it. And when i feel like doing nothing, I do nothing. I've splitted a 2 week program into 4 weeks, I eat Christmas cookies and enjoy myself. I have to force myself to not overdo it because it has got me trapped inside a vicious circle of negativity.

I want to spend Christmas being happy.

Working out and your job should be fun. Don't forget that. When it's not fun, there's something going wrong.

Enjoy your holidays and take care of yourselves!

Love,

Bianca