Daily Check-in: Friday, December 13th

I know what you're thinking.

What the heck is this even a picture of today, Kim? ⬆️

If you give me just a moment, I'd like to give you a proper greeting, and then I'll explain fully.

So Greetings, FB Fam! Good Day to you all! And a very Happy Friday the 13th to you as well!

How're you all doing today? How's your week gone so far? Are you excited for the weekend?

It's a very special (well for my Hubby and me anyway) Friday the 13th today. It's also exactly 12 days until Christmas. And my last check-in host job for awhile. So, this all kind of combines into what should be a party-like atmosphere, yes? And what's a party without a cake, right?

So now's the time to explain the random photo!

It's no secret that I love to bake. I try not to share too many sweet things on here, because I don't want to trigger anyone's sweet-tooth---especially if it's something that someone might be working on. Sugar addiction is a real thing, and I don't want to exasperate anyone who is struggling with that. But I also do know that everything in moderation is good too. So that's why today I decided to share my latest cake creation today (if you don't mind the vanity in doing so).

Since we're getting ever closer to the holidays, I've been doing a ton more baking--usually with a Christmas-y theme. That's what this guy's all about. ⬆️ If you're at all familiar with the classic "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" movie, then you probably already know who this character is: Yukon Cornelius, of course! In a pull-apart cupcake cake form, naturally! haha. He's my all-time favorite Christmas movie character (mostly due to his sled dog team, that consists of a St. Bernard, a Collie, a Cocker Spaniel, a Dachshund, and a Poodle--your average sled dog breeds, right? lol). In the movie, Yukon Cornelius is a reported miner looking for silver and gold--but when he throws his pickaxe into the ice, tastes the end of it, and responds with "Nothing", did you know that he's actually looking for peppermint to mine? So this pull-apart cupcake cake consists of 24 dark chocolate cupcakes, with peppermint-white chocolate filling, and a peppermint buttercream frosting--in true Yukon Cornelius fashion. How this works is that you arrange the cupcakes in a pattern, and frost them all together as one in order to make it look like a cake. Since it's cupcakes though, it makes it easier to just grab and go with a piece instead of having to slice it like you would with a regular cake.

This idea for this pull apart-cupcake cake had been rolling around in my head for awhile, and I finally had to just do it! Like an itch that needed scratched. (Do you guys ever have that? Have an idea in your head that you just have to get out? It's almost like you'll burst if you don't put your plan into action?)

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's my first time making one of the pull apart style cakes too--and it was fun.

Also: do you guys do holiday baking? If so, what do you make? (Photos are always welcome!!) Or perhaps there's some kind of treat that's seasonal/regional to your part of the world this time of year that you enjoy? I would love to hear all about your holiday baking and/or treats if you feel like sharing!

Ok, that's probably more than enough about cakes and Yukon Cornelius that should ever happen here on FB--and I'm really sorry to yammer on about it! I'll move along now, and I apologize for droning!

And I mean, let's face it: in addition to celebrating Friday the 13th and 12 days until Christmas with goodies, we can also celebrate with workouts, yes? Workouts can be a fun time as well---so how about it Blenders? Do you have any special workouts planned for today? Or perhaps it's a rest day for you?

It's my second to last day of Blend, which is a recovery workout. I'm pretty happy about that, if I'm honest! I'm feeling a bit sore everywhere, so an easier day is very welcome. And I gotta say, if you are at all looking at getting Blend, please do! It's a wonderful program! I've really enjoyed it! To me it's a quintessential FB Program that consists of the workout styles, length of time, and difficulty that most people enjoy with Fitness Blender programs/workouts. So if you're on the fence about Blend, I highly recommend giving it a try!

Ok, and now we're at the #eatrealfood portion of this check-in (even though I've gone on a lot about food already): so how about it Blenders? What's on the menu for today?

Since it's a special day for Hubby and I, we're gonna have a steak dinner! Hubby makes the best steaks, hands down--so I'm super excited for those! We'll have them with roasted potatoes and a green salad. Yep--that's a nice supper right there!

(And ya know. Cake.)

Well FB Fam, I think this successfully was a full-on ramble today for a check-in. I apologize!

And since I'll be out until around the first of the year, I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Holidays--no matter what you celebrate, or even if you don't celebrate at all, I still wish you happiness, joy, love, and laughter. Be kind to yourselves and others, and remember: you're an incredible group of people. Each and every one of you is simply amazing. I'm so grateful I've had the chance to meet and get to know you all. I look forward to my upcoming break, but I'm more looking forward to coming back to talk to you guys again (hopefully with my head screwed on a bit straighter haha). In the meantime, I'll miss you, and please take care of yourselves!

Enjoy earning all of those #workoutcompletes, #restcompletes, and #programcompletes that you've worked so hard for!

I hope you all have a lovely day, next few weeks, and holiday! Thank you so much for checking in with me, and I'll see you all again soon!

And with that, it's party time Blenders! And there's cake! (I promise the cake is not a lie. 🎂😆) So have some cake, and eat it too! I'll gladly share!

Ok now I'm out for real! haha. So take care, Blenders!

TTFN--ta ta for now! ❤️

Edited