Friday rant about motivation

Hello Blenders!

How have you all been? I hope everyone is doing well :) I've been very absent from this community because... guess what? My motivation to work out went out of the window and it hasn't come back yet.

Now, I know I shouldn't think that way, but my mind went to a bad place and all my thoughts were like:

"I'm working out five days a week, eating straight from my great meal plan, and that skirt STILL won't fit. What am I doing wrong? Is all of this worth it?"

I'm sorry to say, but in that frame of mind each success shared here brought me down, because nothing like that was happening to me. Then there were the usual "kind" comments from acquaintances, like "What? You work out?!" in that surprised, disbelieving tone that tells a thousand words.

So, around May I stopped working out and checking my nutrition. I still walked a lot and ate mostly healthily, but didn't exactly measure everything, so portion sizes have been larger than they should. Last week the scale said my weight had stayed the same as it was in May, but this week - inexplicably - I am 3 kg (6.6 lb) heavier, despite having started Low Impact last Friday, working out consistently and eating better since then.

Do you see why I lose motivation so easily?

That is also why I decided to write here. This time I will not let a setback stop me again, I'm going to eat well, work out and hope for the best.

Wish me luck!

P.S. Sorry for the long rant :)

Edited