Modifying for Diastasis!

Hello Blenders!!! As I've seen many pegnant ladies here, and I'm sure there are many moms, I thought share that might help!!!!

I've had a mild diastasis in my pregnancy (tho my belly was very small - maybe even due to some exercises I did and shouldn't). So, with that, I've met and treated with some AMAZING physical therapists specialized in women health and core.

So, tho today my diastasis is closed already, I still follow a lot of the recomendations, just because

1) Diastasis can always came back

2) As I want to get pregnant again, I try to keep strenghting my abs in the right way to help me later.

Soooo, finally, what I've learnd, seen great results, and find interesting to share:

1) You need to also strenght your pelvis muscles. You need to do some contraction exercises for them also.

2) What not to do:

- Tradicional crunches increase the inner belly pression and "stuff" the abs, terrible idea! Better skip them!

- ALL "belly down exercises" (planks, push-ups, burpees...) can be done, but ONLY if you can keep your belly TUCK IN, and contracted while doing it!

Let me tell you... I, for now, prefer not do, because I know my belly will "fall down" a little. Ýou need to have a very very strong core to keep them really in during this exercises, specially in the middle of a routine that you are already tired!!!

- Some exercises that do help: Tuppler-style contractions of the abs, and also low pressure exercises !!!

It's kind like: What contract the abs and push the belly bottom to the back is a good thing. Anything that stuff the belly, of push it "out", even if it's a little bit, will dificult instead of help!!!

Also, one reason I choose to keep working out like this, and to follow this rules yet, is that I've found this to be a great way to make the waist actually smaller, instead of "bulking" the abs.

Edited