Daily Check-in: Thursday, December 12th

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Blenders!

How're you all doing today?

We're almost to the weekend--so that's pretty exciting, huh? Do you have any fun plans you're lookin forward to?

Well, even if you don't, I bet you were looking forward to yet another pine cone picture here in the FB forum today, weren't you? (I knew it! 😆)

Instead of a really awesome jack pine cone though, we've got a pretty red pine cone ensconced in ice! So seasonally appropriate (well, for the No. Hemisphere anyway). Fun little random fact about pine trees: there are two predominant species that live here, white and red pines. How do you tell them apart? Other than white pines have long slender cones, while reds have shorter rounded cones? I'm glad you asked! Easiest way to tell them apart is to look at their needles. They grow almost like hair does from a follicle. So if you get to the base of the pine needle "follicle", and count how many needles are growing out of it, that'll tell you which species it is! If it's a red pine, it's got 3 needles in a cluster, and if it's a white pine, it'll have 5 needles per cluster (the word "red" has 3 letters, and red pines have 3 needles per cluster; while obviously the word "white" has 5 letters and thus the white pines have 5 needles per cluster--so that's an easy way to remember, identify, and tell them apart!).

And that concludes today's ramblings about pine cones, pine needles, and tree identification.

Moving on now, we gotta talk about some workouts, yeah? So let's get back on task here!

How about it Blenders? Is it a workout day, or rest day for you?

Workout day here! I'm feeling those T-rex arms from yesterday's descending reps, so it's a good thing that today is my abs day! Got a HIIT & abs combo waiting for me this evening--and honestly, I'm pretty excited about it! (Ok, maybe not so much about the HIIT, but definitely about the core work! haha)

And what about that #eatrealfood goin on today, Blenders? What's on the menu?

You know, in one of our recent check-ins, we had a long discussion about pancakes---and if you think I haven't been thinking about pancakes ever since then, you'd be wrong! So we might just have to make some brinner this evening! (Thanks guys! haha)

Well Blenders, from pine cones to pine trees to workouts to pancakes, I think we've got a very well-rounded (mostly nonsensical) check-in today!

And that's my cue to quit yammerin!

Alright FB Fam, I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Enjoy those workouts and/or rest today!

Edited