Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Jump squats + Accepting yourself

So...Guess who’s fiiiinally going to be filming new #HIIT workouts soon?

Here's a link to a video taken today, as well as a video taken about a month ago. Making faster progress now!

I’m really excited because tomorrow Daniel and I are filming together for the first time in a long time. It will be the very first video that we ever film for FBPlus! Between me and you though, I’m definitely conning Daniel into doing the hard version tomorrow 😜

I’ve been working on my strength, range of motion, alignment, balance, endurance, coordination - allllll that good stuff. And it’s taken me two full years of nearly literally daily persistence to be able to do the things that I am doing again today. I should mention, there’s been a ton of mental work involved, as well. And I am THRILLED to be here. If I would’ve given up any of the times that I wanted to, I would not be here and I certainly wouldn’t be doing jump squats.

I feel like it’s worth saying that part of my healing has been accepting my body for exactly what it is, and exactly what it can do, in any given moment. Even if the reality was extremely disappointing to me, I needed to show up and be kind to myself. I couldn’t judge myself, or talk negatively about my body. I acknowledged the frustration each time and ultimately moved forward. The feelings of frustration or even devastation are valid, but if you hang onto them, if you let yourself, you can spin out in despair. But if you can meet your body where it is, and love it for what it is, and what it can do, life will feel much softer. Love yourself!

_____

Unrelated but...in less than one week, you'll be able to add independent workouts to your calendar with FB Plus! And the data from your independent workouts will actually show up alongside your FB statistics. It launches next Monday -- also, a new, free workout video is being launched on Sunday. The fun is just getting started ;)

Happy Workout Complete FB Family! Thank you for all the good jump squat vibes you sent me over the past two years, I promise to repay you by....making you do more jump squats!!! LOL 🖤