Non-scale victory: helped friends move and I'm strong!

Hi everyone,

Hope your Monday is going well. I really wanted to share with you all a victory I'm immensely proud of: using my strength and realizing just how strong I've become!

I'm a cis woman, almost 35 years old. I used to not exercise at all, I had high blood cholesterol and was completely unfit until about 6 years ago. I'd been working out with FB for years, sometimes with breaks due to injury or just life. I also cycle and do other sports, trying to my best to stay active and healthy. It's the consistency that makes a change, bodies don't change overnight or within a few weeks - and I knew that I gained strength because the amount I lift increased and because I could see my body change, but this weekend I had the opportunity to test it.

On Saturday I helped a friend and his roommates move apartments, which I was excited about because it was an opportunity to exercise while helping a friend. We worked for hours and hours (I did my best to notice correct form and lift on both sides of my body equally). Sure enough, I could lift as much as the guys and helped carry couches and tables up and down from one apartment to the other. One of the roommates even told me - "You can lift as much as I can and you're not even struggling! You're strong!"

I was super proud and I still am, being as strong as a guy and being able to physically work for hours - no back or muscle pain at all the next day - is so far from trivial. I'm also super happy to have this FUNCTIONAL strength with enables me to participate in many activities as I choose :)

Just wanted to share, send encouragements to everyone wherever they are on the journey. Fitness is one little step at a time, pushing yourself just a little every day is enough. Thanks for the fabulous FB team for all the incredible content they provide.