Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Day 1: Setting a Goal for myself

It was a good and fruitful day today. I am currently on FB30 Round 4 and today was the first day of the second week. It was a hiit+lower body strength. It was essentially just a 22-minute workout as the rest was warmup and cool-down. I combined today's workout with 10 minutes of running at speed 8kmph. Frankly speaking, I got very much influenced by this youtube video -'Running every day for a month'. This guy has recorded himself running for almost 9 months now and the changes are phenomenal. I have never been much of a runner but I used to envy the people who ran for fun. I used to spend hours on the internet searching and trying to prove to myself more so that walking is better than running. I was making excuses so that I wouldn't have to run and can just get away with walking because running is just so damn difficult. But this youtube video has inspired me so much that I'm going to stop making excuses this time and actually run. Also, one more reason why I have decided to run is the fact that since I have a huge extended family, and there are many old people whom I see, some of them even at the age of 70 can walk up to 3 km a day and are completely healthy i.e free from all the diseases like arthritis, diabetes, etc. but I see the rest of the lot, their old age is filled with prescriptions and doctor's appointments and whatnot. Hell, people who're 40 have health issues because they aren't moving enough. I look at them and i feel grateful for the body that I have been given and I want to run because I won't be able to do it when I'm 70, so why not stay as youthful as I can for as long as I can. Take advantage of me being 21.