Measure of endurance?!?!

Before we left for our nature conservation work day this morning I read Florian P’s post about endurance. In my reaction to him I wrote that there was no way I could even contemplate doing a 1000 cal workout at the moment or any time soon. Then as I was working on this very very steep slope, throwing down sawn off gorse branches and dragging them down and onto a pile, I thought: “Ok, I might not be able to do a 1000cal workout at the moment, but look at me doing this!” The words endurance fit and healthy came in my head then. I guess we can and will all have our own measure of endurance and fitness and health!!! I certainly like that idea! Fitness comes in all shapes and sizes and measures.

Photo: we were working on this steep slope by a castle ruin.... photo bottom right (not actually me, but that was what I was doing for three hours in the morning: climbing halfway up the slope to piles of cut gorse, then throwing it down, as gorse refuses to roll down, then dragging it further down and onto a pile of the stuff near a fence further along. We all agreed this was by far the hardest task we had done this year!!!!

Edited