A

Getting negative comments on lifestyle

How do you deal with negative comments?

I was on a family visit for 2 weeks and since I met them my lifestyle changed a lot, I eat healthier and working out regularly, I try to take the best care of myself.

My family's eating habit is very old-school, they don't care about nutrition, etc or they have a very different opinion on a healthy diet.

My mum was very supporting, she tried to provide lots of veggies and wholemeal bread, but others and relatives called me fitness girl and left comments like if they have to die they want to eat what they enjoy and looked at me like I came from another planet. Others tried to be very smart giving me lessons about how important fat is and so on like I was anorexic. Just because I had wholemeal bread and I didn't stuff my head with every part of the pork and fried food.

I don't feel I'm very strict on my diet, I mean if I'm a guest somewhere I eat what they put front of me, even if I have heartburn after, but if I have a choice, why they can't accept and respect it? I am strong, I feel better since I changed my lifestyle, why they can't accept it? I eat properly, I eat real food without counting calories or portions, why do they think this is worse from what they eat?

Why do they have to give me a hard time and why should I feel bad about it?