6 weeks pregnant (for the first time)... powering through nausea and wondering how others have coped

Hi everyone,

So we haven't told anyone except very close family (parents and siblings, and my best friend who is also pregnant) that we're expecting. But it's such a struggle to be unable to talk to anyone in my fitness world about how I'm coping. So I thought I'd write it here in our lovely community, which I find a really safe space.

Did really well with working out until last Friday when the motion sickness kicked in all freakin day. I'm coping through sipping ginger water, occasionally eating crackers, resting when I need to and just breathing through it and trying to get on with things. But damn it's tough. So far no actual vomiting but the sick feeling is awful. I was always prone to motion sickness my whole life, but this is another level!

Anyway, today I felt sick and thought - I should try to workout. Maybe it'll help? And I picked shorter workouts and lifted lighter and breathed deeply. I managed it all!! DURING the workout I felt completely normal a little after the warm up. But as soon as I was putting everything away....back came the sickness.

Oh well! At least I got a workout complete!!

Wondering how other mothers coped during their 1st trimester?

Have a great day :)

Edited