December 1!

I finished a program the week before thanksgiving break (teacher life!), and just chose some workouts for over the break. Now I only have 3 weeks left until December break (but who’s counting...🤪), and I am wanting to just design my own workout weeks until the new year! I’m excited the change up since I usually do programs.

Today I rang in December with an intense HIIT workout. KICKED MY BUTT!

Also, some thoughts on food with the holidays coming up (this is FOR ME because the struggle is real y’all):

This time of year can be so much fun and so beautiful, but I know it’s also a time where diet ads, supplement sales, and gym memberships are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Advertising for either “getting ahead” of all the food we’ll eat over the holidays, or “making up” for it after the new year. During the holidays, food is treated as some kind of sinful indulgence that requires the excuse of “well it’s the holidays, so I have to eat this way” or “I can enjoy anything I want now because I’ll make up for it in January.” But Jesus created us to need food and to enjoy food! Eating and enjoying are ways to worship God, who designed our bodies that require fuel and that have taste buds that savor food! Food is not the only way to celebrate the holidays, and it’s not satisfying to focus solely on food (whether in a way that means we restrict or over-eat). Food is just one really great way to be mindful and present during the holidays, along with many other things that encourage enjoyment and worship!

Happy December from the mountains! (My happy place; my husband and I, along with his side of the family, travel to the mountains every Thanksgiving!)