Seven days of great skiing... What a lucky lady I am!

Today was our last day of skiing. It was great to spend this time together! I know I progressed in my skiing, esp. being less of a “flailing chicken” on difficult slopes and more in control of my speed. Although I might still have been “a little old lady speeding on skis” at times! We didn’t check.

We also did a snow shoe tour looking for wildlife tracks in the snow! Our guide was really inspiring! We found deer tracks, hare tracks and squirrel tracks. Also tracks of a lynx!!!! How cool is that. Then today we were walking in the snow around the area of our resort and found moose tracks and bear tracks! Such an amazing experience!!!

We also walked along the lake at Lake Louise yesterday, 5k after a day of skiing... but it was soooo worth it: words cannot describe how beautiful that place is!!!

If I could I would add lots of pics to show all the beautiful things we have seen, but decided to go for this one:

We went down Saddleback Bowl, a totally new experience for me... skiing on non-pisted terrain. This photo shows what it looked like. I was down first and took this photo without seeing anything on the screen. Keith, my hubby, fell over and therefore he took longer getting down and Bethany, my daughter, is a very good snowboarder and was waiting for him to get down, so she could race down in no time. As this terrain is totally new to me (as far as skiing goes) I am really proud to have managed this at my age... happy “little old lady on skis”!!!!

Edited