Intermediate Swim Squad

So the swim meet went quite terribly.... I shed 6 seconds off of my freestyle time, 7 seconds off of my Backstroke time, 2 seconds off of my breaststroke time and got timed for the very first time in Butterfly. I was hoping so badly that I could get an amazing time and be able to move up into intermediates. But sadly, that was not the case and I am still stuck in Juniors. It’s horrible really because I have been working towards moving up for a year now, and yet the coaches can’t look past my ‘unfit’ body. I mean, granted that I may not have the perfect athletic body, but I am only in a 2-3 second range of the average in the intermediate squad. They keep telling me that it’s my ‘fitness’ that is preventing me to move up, and they’ve been telling me that for almost two years now.

Recently a teacher told me that it was my confidence level, because I was so nervous before a race, so how am I supposed to prove them wrong?!!! How am I supposed to show them that I am confident whilst at the same time trying my best to improve my time yet failing each time because my time isn’t good enough for the intermediate squad?! My coaches keep telling me that I need to achieve a regional time.... the only weird thing is that barely any of the people in intermediates have a regional time!!! For example, my friend’s fifty freestyle, is 44 seconds, her regional time should be 37 seconds. My fifty freestyle time is 49 seconds, my regional time should be about 36 seconds. I understand that her gap may be smaller but I know for a fact that there are others on the intermediate squad just like me!! Some with even bigger gaps than mine, but the only reason why they are on intermediates is because they have the athletic body that enables them to, and I quote, ‘improve faster’ I mean, is that even a fact?!! That sounds very, very, very incorrect, but it is what I hear all the time!

Honestly I don’t really have much motivation left to do this thing, it’s kind of sad to see people get move up and I’m still in juniors trying my very best to move up, yet always fall behind because of my body. I have no idea what to do so I decided to rant about it here. Thank you for reading this till the end and please, if anybody has any sort of advice or comment or anything, it would be hugely appreciated by me.

xxx

AwesomeM