Getting back into my groove

Hi everyone,

So to start, some honesty: this month has probably been the most difficult workout-wise for me in a while. After getting back from my holiday I came down with a rather nasty bug, which made exercise feel less like a privilege and more like a chore. Add to this a change in my workload, I've found it much harder to actually find time and energy to do my workouts. I've gone from being able to easily fit in 4 or 5 workouts a week to only 2 or 3, which I've struggled with mentally - as if this wasn't good enough, so why bother in the first place? I know it's a silly way to think, as of course something is better than nothing, but this is genuinely the way I have felt for the last month or so.

Now I'm doing more exercise again - admittedly my current streak is only about 2 weeks long but it's something, right?! And I can't believe how much better I am for it! Movement truly makes me so happy, and this is what I'm going to always hold onto in my mind. I've scheduled all of my workouts up to the New Year and I am determined to stick to them (regardless of how warm my bed is, haha - fellow morning exercisers hopefully know what I mean!)

I'm not entirely sure why I decided to write this post, other than to cement my determination to kick myself back into my workouts and perhaps for some moral support - as I know everyone here can provide that by the bucketload!

For those of you who have managed to read my ramble, thank you. Otherwise, here's to finding joy in exercise again!