Y
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

More back flexibility

Hey guys!

I'm new here in the forums, I searched the topics quite a bit but haven't found an answer to my question yet.

I struggle a lot with my back flexibility. While I think I can handle lower and upper body stretches (legs, arms, shoulders) and see slight improvement over time, I really have a hard time with my back (and / or core?).

Recently, I had this workout with back leg raises and it was really frustrating, since I barely couldn't get my legs anywhere ;) Even cobra stretches or back bows look more like I'm just laying flat on the ground. When I do a cobra stretch, I can't place my hands next to my ribcage if I want to get any stretching, I need to place my hands somewhere in front of me. Camels, back bows, bridges and whatever the moves and poses are, they're all really frustrating.

To improve I want to do some additional stretching throughout the day, but I have no clue what stretches will improve back flexibility. As I said, I do stretching (since I'm following a FB program I do basic stretching every training day, sometimes I extend it and add an additional stretching routine).

Do you guys have any tips on how I can improve my back / core flexibility?

Thanks for your help and keep on moving! :)