E

CLIMBED THE HILL without feeling like my 💛 was going to explode!

Perchance, I discovered an incredibly steep hill near my home. I discovered it a couple of weeks ago when I decided to walk to get lunch instead of drive. It was a BRUTAL climb. The next day, I was mega sore—glutes, hammies (very hard for me to target and burnout), AND CALVES. I was so delighted! Building up my skinny calves, especially the muscle right above the ankle (soleus) has been a long term goal of mine but haven’t been sure how to pursue that goal since I work out at home and most routines I’ve seen online require gym equipment or too much jumping.

I’ve been climbing the hill about 3x/week, two rounds. It typically serves as a burnout after a lower body session with FB. Every time — I am practically wheezing when I arrive at the top 😂

NOT TODAY 🥳 I was definitely feeling the usual brutal burn in my lower body but I wasn’t huffing and puffing AND I didn’t need as much recovery time at the top. After today’s FBLI session + the hill I am feeling so good. I’ve been in a bit of a shlump the last two days and thankfully they were rest days. I’m in a much better mental health state and looking forward to the rest of the day.

💐

Ps isn’t this little deer muffin so CUTE!? I was leaning on the rail taking a break at the bottom and it took me a minute before I noticed her. Lol.