Yay.... Managed 3 and a bit hours of skiing!

Today was our first day of skiing in the Lake Louise Ski Resort. As our own ski gear is still at home (too expensive to fly it out to here), I had to get used to the rental skis and ski boots. Managed that fairly quickly which I was pretty chuffed about. Super nice long runs down meant great skiing. Then at one point my daughter took us down a slope called “Wrong turn” and wrong turn it definitely was.... it turned out to be a slope with moguls (humps of snow, very difficult to manoeuvre your way around!). This led to quite a few swear words on my part. I also fell over three times... I had been worried about falling over because of my recent rib injury. Luckily the falls were none too severe, landing sideways in softish snow. And as my daughter happily pointed out: well, that gets your fear of falling over and done with! 🤨 Yes, thank you !!!!!

My rib was making its presence felt at the end of the day, but after having been in the steam room I feel fine again. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Pic shows me yesterday in the garden of the (nice and small) mountain resort we are staying at. I love the way the pic gives the impression of being in black and white with the bright orange hat disproving that!

#happyonskisagain

#little”old”ladygoingveryfast