E

Cooking @ home + kickboxing cardio

Hello, everyone :)

Today was kickboxing cardio day with FB Low Impact and while I typically tend to pass over KC in favor of other cardio routines, I've decided to stick as closely as possible to the program and give everything a shot. I don't know why I've never quite felt connected to KC but today there was a shift.

I LOVED the workout! And I am already sore! I really put my all into it! I jabbed and hooked and knee'd my way through and I HUFFed and PUFFed my way to an endorphin high. The key is to be engaged the whole time. I realized at some points that I was merely doing the moves instead of getting aggressive with it. Getting aggressive with the moves (picturing final papers, cold weather, and bad habits I'm trying to beat) made such a difference in the burn and increasing heart rate.

On the nutrition end, things have been going well overall. However, I eat all of my meals outside of my kitchen. I am also doing LCHF for a short while and it's nearly impossible to stick to LCHF without eating at home. This is a major upside for me! I'm not doing keto (0-20 carbs/day) because I find it too restrictive for me. 50-60 is typically a reasonable range for me. Last time I did LCHF I was "forced" to eat super clean bc of the parameters of LCHF. Consequently, I ate a ton of vegetables and protein everyday, in various combinations. So, I'm excited to take this on short term. Really wanting to use up this long stored energy/fat as quickly as possible. I know "diets" and aesthetic goals are like the F-bomb around this forum, but oh well. This is my journey, you're free to pass over my posts. Though, I don't plan to aggressively advertise it.

I noticed some muscle tone in my biceps and shoulders last night. It was a delightful surprise! I am proud of my consistency and its payoff.

See you around :)