Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Changing my routine

Hey everyone!

So I'm going to try really hard to change up my routine in order to get my workouts in. What used to work for me doesn't really work anymore due to having a full-time job and class immediately after. I used to get my Workout Complete right after getting home from my job and that had worked best for me for many years. Now that life has gotten busy, these workouts aren't happening as much as they had and I can feel it both physically and mentally. It amazes me to realize how much I depend on being active just to feel like myself.

My goal for next week is to wake up 20 minutes earlier (5 am) and get in some kind of 20-30 minute workout before getting ready for the day. I'm a very routine driven person, I normally wake up and have coffee while reading in bed before leaving for work, so I'm afraid that this change will be challenging initially (but what changes aren't hard, right?) Also, early mornings, especially as it begins to get colder out, are difficult to find that motivation to get up and move and I feel that I don't push myself as hard during a workout as I do in the evening.

Have any of you changed up your regular routine in order to maintain your workouts? Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed! Wish me luck!