28k bike ride.... thanks to hubby!

This morning I was in a bit of a bad mood and didn’t feel like doing anything much at all. The sun came out and my husband said: “Come on, let’s get on the bikes.” A lot of grumbling on my part, but then I was like: I might as well.

I am so glad I did. We went over on the chain ferry to the beautiful Purbeck peninsula. We hadn’t been able to do this for over three months because the ferry has been out of action for that long, requiring a 35 mile round trip to get to that same peninsula. While I was cycling I realised how much I had missed it. The beauty of that bike ride will never cease to amaze me!

Anyway, lunch at our favourite pub, a bumpy ride to get to the chalk stack called Old Harry and then back home without getting too wet. My rib is letting itself felt only a little bit as we had a few short but steep inclines. It felt so good to be doing a longer bike ride again!!

Photos: top left: view from the ferry onto the bit of the sea where we swam yesterday, top right: Old Harry saying hi, bottom left: arrow indicates the area where our house is (we can see Old Harry from our living room window; distance as the crow flies is 6k), bottom right: my bike and me looking on to Old Harry.

#enikwoonhier

#lovewhereilive

#definitelyonthemend

Edited