Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Gym...not my thing?

Hello, everybody.

I just wanted to check in and share my thoughts on going to gym. :)

I am into second year of college and we have to attend some physical activities to get points and finish year successfully.

I chose gym for many reasons.

1. my best friend can't attend PE so I would probably be alone attending some group sports

2. it's cheaper with being college student, 20 dollars a month I think

3. it is better for me time wise

4. free equipment and great support

5. heavy weights I like lifting

I have been questioning all these 5 pros.

I mean, I still have to attend gym once a week but without paying so I would save 20 dollars a month. :)

I realized...for this past two weeks I have been constantly ill. I walk from my gym to bus station... all sweaty, hot and messy and it is pretty easy to catch a cold.

Also, every morning I have been waking up with sore muscles. And it is weird type of soreness. It lasts for like 4 or 5 days so I probably went to gym 5 times total.

First three times I went to the gym they showed me equipment and how to use it, they even said I have good posture, and that I do deadlifts and squats with proper form (thanks to FB, yes I do).

I was happy going to gym but it just doesn't work for me.

--

First of all, I can't listen to my music because I don't have wireless headphones (quite a big investment for a college student, because prices on Amazon with shipping to Croatia are crazy high).

Secondly, this gym has literally 4 walls and I don't feel comfortable doing crazy moves when there is too much space you can be seen in.

There is no Kelli's voice or Daniel's funny motivation words that I always laugh to, makes me feel way more happier and forget about pain I am experiencing.

There is no community I think. Maybe under other circumstances it would be better but I just don't feel right.

It is crazy. I have invested in pretty good sets of weights - 2,5,7 and 10 kg. Also I bought resistance band and ankle weights when I got my first salary. I don't think FB would never go away from my life. It is just too god to be replaced with paying gym membership or experiencing PAIN in muscles everyday.

I even started to watch videos on Instagram from some fitness trainers and I copy their workouts. They are fit, man. I don't say I am lazy or jealous, it is just perfect that they found something they like doing.

I got discouraged to join FB again. I got discouraged because I know weight lifting is pretty good for your body and in gym you have that. But then I think....I would rather have slower results than eating myself because I am not good enough working out next to some fit people I see in the gym.

Those are just my thoughts. I had to tell YOU because I feel like home. Thank you. FB I will be getting back to your workouts soon enough. What is good never goes away. :)

p-s I am sorry for my probably poor grammar...it is pretty late at night and I have been studying all day so I am done