Standing job and losing motivation to work out...

Hello everyone,

I really need your guys' friendly advice right now, because I am struggling to find energy and motivation to workout lately.

To take things from the beginning I changed jobs the past month and am now working as a community pharmacist. Needless to say that it is a very stressful and demanding job, both emotionally and physically. I finish work around 5pm most days and sometimes I work 9 hour shifts. The thing is that not only am I on my legs all day long, but also don't have enough time to eat breakfast, because my lunch break is only 5 minutes long and sometimes I don't even get that. I usually end up eating an oat bar at 5pm as my breakfast! Shocking, I know.

Anyways, after I eat 'breakfast' on my way home from work, I usually get dressed and start working out immediately. At least on times that I have the energy to do so (heavy legs are the worst with a standing job!), because if I don't do it immediately after, I procrastinate and end up never doing it. Morning workouts are an option, however I prefer not doing them, because I don't want to wake up my partner with HIIT workouts and also really like cuddling in the mornings. :) Also weekend workouts are out of the question because on the 2 days that I am not required to be on my feet, I choose to give them and my body a total rest.

So for the past month I've been struggling to fit in even 3 workouts a week due to the reasons mentioned above and some weeks I haven't worked out at all. I've been slowly losing motivation and making bad eating choices on weekends and thus I feel even worse. To make matters worse, I came down with a nasty cold the past 2 weeks and I wasn't able to workout much either. I started the first week of Blend and fell totally in love with it, however due to my sickness I quit it to rest and recover instead.

I really need your help FB family.. Are there any of you who have a standing job and struggle with working out when coming home? How do you manage eating at work in order to have the appropriate energy to workout later? What changes do you think I should make to make matters easier for me and get back into working out?

Thank you so much in advance, FB family never disappoints! :)