Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

How to strengthen forearm, wrist and hand?

Hey everyone!

I've been mixing things up of late! I usually do two strength routines every week, and sometimes some pilates/stretching thrown in there also, but I'm always on the lookout for new things. Last weekend I went camping and swam at a waterhole a couple times, which was blissful. Then yesterday, I went indoor rock climbing - the first time in six years!

We climbed for two and a half hours, and by the end of it my muscles were pretty tired and shaky. Oddly enough, the first thing that went were my forearms! My wrists and hands/fingers also let me down a lot (in addition to my upper body in general, haha) and thus it led me to wonder...

Are there any workouts or certain exercises here that will particularly help strengthen one's forearms, wrists and hands/fingers? Those seem to be the weakest parts of my upper body (I already knew for a fact I have very weak hands - doesn't help that they're super small, too). I've noticed a lot of the upper body workouts here tend to focus more on the shoulders, biceps, triceps, upper back etc. So if anyone can point me in the right direction to some that focus on what I'm looking for, I'd really appreciate it!!

Have a fantastic day!

Edited