C
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Adding resistance bands for muscle growth?

Hey FB family! I wanted some honest opinions from people who aren’t trying to sell me a product :)

For the first time in my life, my fitness goals involve building muscle and growing stronger instead of only weight loss. I’ve been doing really well in my training since January, and recently bought my first set of Power Blocks about two months back! ( I used to just use a combination of free weights). I guess my question is, does anyone also use resistance bands as a way to further muscle growth? I’ve been doing leg day three days a week with pretty heavy weight and I’m not seeing the growth I want. My arms and gaining muscle pretty rapidly since I used to not use weights very much!

Side note and full disclosure. I understand I might be working out a bit too much. I just love it soo much and it’s helped me develop such a healthy life style! I do lower body three days a week, upper two, and then hitt/ cardio mixed in with one rest day. I’m 27, female, and 115 ish pounds at 5’1

Anyway, sorry for the long post! Any opinions on resistance bands? Or just growing muscle in general? (I don’t want to take supplements! I get lots of protein from my food)

Edited