Weekend Check-in: Saturday, October 26th & Sunday, October 27th

Well hello there! If you're reading this, then you are floating somewhere in The Weekend Zone. And being that it is the weekend before Halloween, maybe you've got some spooky or eerily entertaining events happening? Or are you feeling more like a zombie? ..I'm running on little sleep, so I'm a bit of the latter, but I'm hoping I'll have some time this weekend throw up some Halloween decor, because I really enjoy celebrating Halloween! Every year I keep increasing the amount of decorations, from pumpkin/ghost lights, to a 7ft animated haunted tree; I love it! But enough about my slight obsession to all things Halloween. Trick or treat us to all the bootiful and spooktacular things you got going on! 👻

The picture here is a bit of a trick and a whole lotta treat for you guys! ..The soft and fuzzy shades of magenta emerging from the tops of Muhly Grass is one of the things I absolutely love about Fall.. Right now is the prime time of the year when these numerous clumps of native grass are out in full bloom, paint brushing the wild landscapes of Florida; more stunningly so when they are lit up like this.

The lighting is all where the trick part comes to play. For a cool visual effect to happen, the sun has to shine on the inflorescence just right. Dont get me wrong; it's still pretty without the proper backlighting, but with the help of a little sun light aimed right, the scenery comes out best described as Frakenstein's famous cry, "It's alive!" ..Imagine standing in a field full of this grass all lit up like in this photo. It feels nothing short of magical and something I really looked forward to sharing with my FB Fam!

Okay, okay, enough about grass, Frakenstein, sunlight, magic, whatever. Let's get to what we are here for! Which could be a lot of things, but let's start down this corn maze of a check-in with workouts! Are you doing something where the muscles will come back to curse you with some soreness? Or will you be ghosting your workout because you are under the spell of a rest potion?

..I did end up doing a lower body routine yesterday. I decided to do the one Kim did on Thursday: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/sweatfest-butt-and-thigh-cardio-workout-calorie-blasting-interval-cardio-for-lower-body

..Because when there is a possibility you might struggle with getting on or off the toilet, why not go for it?😂 ..It turned out pretty good. I even tried (emphasis on tried) holding my arms up like Kim suggested during split jumps that I turned into jumping lunges. Yeah, it is harder, lol. Needless to say I got a good sore going on, but my left knee is unfortunately acting up a bit, so no workouts for me this weekend.. Hopefully a little TLC for my knee and I will be right as rain!

But what's your story this weekend? ..Potentially haunting soreness? Resting comfortably like a mummy in a tomb? Some kind of measure in between? Whatever your poison may be, I hope you enjoy it as much as a witch loves flying around on a broomstick!

Oh gawd, Raven...really? I know it's the weekend before Halloween, but isn't this a bit much? ..I mean, do witches even consider broomstick flying a thing anymore?

Speaking of witches, witch is pretty close to sandwiches, it's time to talk about tasty treats! Let's harness our inner witch and think about what we will be brewing over our cauldrons! What kinda grub will we be goblin' down? ..As usual, I don't have too much of a nibbling plan, but there's going to be some sort of food with my name on it..I've got more sweet potatoes to use up, so that's on the menu. I bought quite a bit when they were on sale, so naturally the answer is to eat them up before they go bad! Not complaining there. Sweet potato is a food and I love food so it's all good! ..But what about you guys? Past, present, and future meals, let's give it up for all the treats! And treats can totally be nutritious, or not! Just saying!

..Okay, maybe we got a little lost in this check-in corn maze and all the Halloween puns are flying around like bats, but let's make it a ghoul free, non black cat crossing your path kinda weekend. Is that still unlucky nowadays? I sure hope not. I have a black cat and he crosses my path...a lot. He does it on purpose; I just know it.😹

Okay, let's try this again. Time to end all this hocus pocus nonsense and have a good weekend; a devilish, scary good weekend at that! Deal?

Deal.😈