Daily Check-in: Friday, October 25th

Hello, and Happy Friday (or Saturday) Blenders!

Whoo hoo, we made it! It's been a bit of a long week, and man, am I ready for the weekend!

How about you Blenders? How was your week? And do you have any weekend plans you're lookin forward to?

It's gonna be a fun one for Hubby and I, caz we're gonna carve pumpkins this weekend! We have long-standing tradition of carving 'themed' pumpkins around Halloween time, and I always look forward to it. So this weekend's gonna be a good one, methinks!

(And on a side note for today: no Fitness Friday question this week--as I'm planning/putting my focus into creating the next Community Challenge! So stay tuned for next Monday's check-in, and I'll have a few workout schedules for you to vote on!)

Ok then: I've got a random bird photo for you today! Or, more directly, chicken photo. It's been awhile (probably since Christina Egguilera) since we've had a chicken update/discussion--and well, you can kinda see why. My chickens have been in the process of molting, and they all kinda look like poor little Scallopini here. ⬆️ Never fear, though! The molting is a natural thing, and will allow them to shed their older feathers, for newer, better ones! (A very good thing to do before winter time!) But yeah, that doesn't change the fact that they look B-A-D right now. haha.

I feel like Scallopini has that "I-just-barely-made-it-through-the-week", "TGIF"-look to her. So she's kind of an entire mood for this Friday--a mood that I feel in my bones. May not be pretty, but we made it--and we've even got one tail feather left to prove it. (just the one tho)😉

Anywho, that was more than enough about my feathered wee beasties today--let's move on to some workout talk right now!

How is your Friday shaping up for you, Blenders? Is it a workout kinda day, or a rest day?

It's a workout day for me--more specifically upper body day! That's an awesome way to round out a week of working out, in my opinion! And I'm not too proud to admit that yesterday's lower body, bodyweight cardio workout entirely kicked my butt! Wow, talk about humbling! I'm almost as sore from this workout (https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/sweatfest-butt-and-thigh-cardio-workout-calorie-blasting-interval-cardio-for-lower-body) as I was from the infamous "good luck getting up off the toliet" workout from a few months back. Yeah, it was that good! (On a side note, I modified a few of the moves to make them a bit harder. And if you've ever wondered if jumping lunges could get more difficult, try doing them while you hold your arms above your head, kind of like a 'warrior' jumping lunge. Yeah. It's nuts. Just do it carefully, please.)

As for today though? I plan to have the 'Surprise Me' button choose my upper body routine for me! So we'll see how that plays out later today!

And then of course, we've got to replenish, and #eatrealfood post-workout: so what's on the menu for today, Blenders?

I think I'm gonna hop on the Raven bandwagon and have pizza caz it's Friday! That sounds so good! We haven't had pizza in awhile, so I think we're overdue!

Well FB Fam, I think that concludes this Friday's endless ramblings! So I'll let you all get back to your day!

I hope you all have a fantastic day, and an even better weekend! Thank you so much for checking in with me this week!

Don't forget: you'll be checking in with the fantastic Raven this weekend--so I'll catch you all again on Monday, where we'll get the foundation laid for a Community Challenge!

Take care, stay safe, have fun, and just be your awesome selves, FB Fam!

TTFN!

Edited