FB user for a year, hello all!

Hello all, and happy launch day FB+!

This is my first time writing on this website, though I've been using a few of their plans for a little over a year.

Quick congrats to K&D, it's amazing to see how much this website has grown and can't imagine the excitement they must have as they're watching the progress of both the website and our physical progress (since that's been their stated goal.)

After a year of coming to FB with the mindset of getting healthier to combat an ailment I was diagnosed with, I want to thank y'all for the help with making working out less of a chore and more of something to look forward to.

A bit of background, I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (also known as pseudotumer). There is little known about it, other than most cases are in direct correlation with gaining weight at an alarming rate that the body can't handle. I fell under this category, jumping from 175 lbs to 215 lbs in about a year. I had gotten married, left my job, and moved out of state due to my husband joining the military. Honestly, I was upset with myself for letting go of my health and the diagnosis was the slap in the face I had needed. There was so much pressure in my skull from built up spinal fluid that it was causing vision loss, motor dysfunction, black outs, and I had even had a seizure. My vision had been so driving had become a hazard (I accidentally backed into a car leaving the grocery store that I SWEAR I had not seen parked behind me.)

Anyways, thanks to Kelli and Daniel, I had dropped to 185 lbs! Though, the last 3 or 4 months I've really taken to strength training so I've gained 5 lbs of muscle.

But I'm okay with that! When my husband and I wrestle, I can hold my own now and him seeing myself be stronger than him (it's mostly in the legs lol) has also given him some incentive to start strength training more seriously! I've stopped eating for comfort, and see it more as fuel for this meatsuit (lol, inside joke with my husband.) I've also stopped experiencing black outs, and my vision has reverted almost back to normal though there is some irreparable damage done to the optic nerves.

I plan on continuing my fitness journey with FB, and following suit with my husband and joining the military later on down the road (possibly another year or two) to be able to have past school loans paid off and continue my education with little cost!

Anyways, that's (mostly) a summed up rant about myself. How about some of you other FB users? What led you to Fitness Blender, and kept you here? What milestones/accomplishments have you reached? And what about yourself have you noticed change considerably? Or if you would just like to rant a bit about yourself as I did, feel free to do so! :)

Nice to meet you all!

Zarathustra