E

Fruitful results with FB Reach/Easing back into resistance training

I selected FB Reach bc I needed something that was low mental impact & I wanted to work on my flexibility in conjunction with healing a couple of old injuries. As I am navigating an especially stressful and chaotic time in my life as a first-year PhD student, having uprooted my life and moved to a new state, I did not have the mental wherewithal to confront intense resistance training — even though I love it so very much. The thought filled me with dread and anxiety.

I am two weeks into FB Reach and it has been incredible. I am more limber and have worked through the odd cramp and tension I’ve carried in certain places for months. And, it is relaxing — even on the Pilates days that gently challenge me. I have been able to develop my goal of building consistency, making it to the mat for every workout.

Coming into week three, I completed a slightly more challenging bodyweight routine today in addition to my Reach stretching routine. It was only 10 minutes and I used some light accessories — ankle weights, 1 lb. walking weights, and a resistance band. Afterward, my 15-minute stretching routine felt AMAZING. I would love for FB to develop a program that combines strength and reach.

I am planning to add a 10/15-minute resistance routine to Reach for the remaining two weeks. I am taking it slowly and not allowing myself to get too ambitious. Hopefully, at the end I’ll be ready to take on FB 30 again.

🙂👟

Edited