a

The SAD struggle is r-e-a-l!

This past week was the first to really, truly, unmistakably, unavoidably feel like fall. Not like crisp, golden, glorious autumn, but wet, windy, raw, gloomy fall. All I want to do is hibernate!!!!

Add to that, my routine is in total flux because my partner's schedule just changed dramatically (really more evaporated altogether), I'm forever on the brink of overwhelm because I have some huge changes of my own coming up that I am not in the least prepared for, and just to top it all off I'm on my period. This week has been such a bust. I keep missing my first-thing-in-the-AM workout time slot and I just have the hardest time making it up later in the day when that happens. Today is the second day in a row that I've spent ***the whole day*** trying to get up the will to do it. Yesterday, I eventually succeeded. Today, remains to be seen!

I'm being as patient and forgiving with myself as I can. I know this is just one week out of the entirety of my life, and I'm up against some new and significant challenges that are amplifying some already powerful mind-body-environment reactions that exist outside of my control. I guess what is freaking me out, though, is that I KNOW skipping exercise is gonna make all of it worse. Now is really not the time to quit the most (only) effective stress-busting, endorphin-boosting practice I have at my disposal.

It helps a little to remember that I feel better AFTER I work out -- not before. It only *feels* like I haven't worked out because I feel bleh, but in reality I feel bleh because I haven't worked out. I don't need to feel my best in order to start.

Alright, I've officially tried everything I can think of short of actually putting on workout clothes and pressing "play" so let's hope that that's the thing I try next. 🤞

Thanks for the space for yet another rant. Hope you all are "weathering" any seasonal challenges, wherever you are!