First ✅ after 15 days ....

We were meeting my son and his girlfriend in Wales today. I had told him on Friday that I couldn’t do anything too strenuous yet, so asked him to plan a short hike with not too much ascent.... well 😱🙈🤬🤣 my son thinks of me in terms of 20k plus hike with over a 1000 meters of ascent, so he reasoned a 9k hike with 660 meters of ascent was nothing too strenuous!!!! Then he adds: BTW, it is the highest peak in that area of Wales...

Yikes, but I DID IT! Top left hand pic shows me on the descent holding my upper back. It was sore because obviously going up a fairly steep incline makes for heavier breathing so the bruised rib was having to put up with a lot. Oh well, I may be sore at the end of the day, but I managed! I decided this was a workout that deserved a ✅!!!

Bottom right pic shows a shrew that we met together with its three brothers/sisters on the way down. They were on our path but scurried away as we approached. The views at the top were unfortunately not too amazing as the mist had come in (bottom left). But after we had got down the mist had lifted and we could the two tops we had done from below! (The two other pics).

Restday tomorrow, methinks!

#lovehiking

#sorebuthappy!

#ontheroadtoafullrecovery