recovery

I'm not sure why I'm posting here because I have only done a handful of FB workouts, but I am aware of the warmth and mutual support that I know exists in this community.

I first posted at the beginning of August, a few weeks after my clavicle fracture (the second broken bone in a year) looking forward to joining a FB programme. It never happened, pain in my shoulder and arm got worse, and with it my body's general health went downhill.

As of last friday I have finally what looks like a credible diagnosis and a possible route for recovery, which will be slow and frustrating they say.

A combination of delayed fracture healing (it is displaced and healing at 1/4 the normal speed) and nerve roots compression has created the perfect storm of pain, unpredictable in frequency, intensity and pattern.

In my head, tired of 3 months of relentless pain, recovery seems impossible. A scary thought. I don't know how Kelli feels about her experience, but pain has made my world a lot smaller and greyer.

I don't remember what it feels being pain free and with enough energy to complete a whole day,

But I have started the recovery.

I am a million light years away from being able to join a FB programme but I have a path. I am normally reluctant to trust anyone or anything (dysfunctional upbringing) so keeping up is hard. Bike is back on the turbo, cleaner eating habits and keeping my head up.

Have a lovely week you all