Weekend Check-in: Saturday, October 19th & Sunday, October 20th

Alright my Blender Buddies, what's up? Or what's going down this weekend? Keeping those opposite bases always covered, how are you doing and feeling in your little corner of the world? Good I hope! In anyway I got you covered right here for the weekend so you can share all about it!

..So. How are we playing the weekend game? Did you roll a lucky seven and have some nice weather to complement your plans? It's a dreary rainy mess over here today, which I don't mind. Sure, it clashes with my outdoorsy plans, but I'll work around it and enjoy or find the best admist the gloom. Grey skies don't keep me down! In fact, they are cozy in their own way.

But let's move away from weather and get on with the picture shall we? ..The picture I serve to you this weekend is a taste of wild Florida in the form of wild persimmons. You see those little orange ornaments against a blue sky right at the top of this half dead, haunting looking tree? Those are the wild persimmon fruits up for the taking. Most wild persimmons I eat are really astringent even when fully past ripe, but I got lucky on this tree. The fruit on this one is actually edible! A little pithy, but still sweet sans astringency. So yeah! ..You might wonder how the heck do I get to the fruit that is waaaay up there. Well, it's pretty simple. One way, when the fruit is just about ready, like those up there, you give the tree a good shake. And the fruit falls. Done. A prime example of working smarter, not harder ;) ..They really need to fall off the tree to know that they are ready to eat.. You could try to first look around on the ground for these orange orbs half the size of golf balls, but wild animals will nearly always beat you to it..And I know the tree itself looks bad now, but that's just its fall makeup getting ready for Halloween. Come spring, it is chock full of dark green leaves...and tent caterpillars.🙈

Ok, now to keep the check-in flowing like a river, let's paddle on over to the food section. What goodies are we eating this weekend? What flavors are we craving? Something comforting, something nutritious? Both? Dish it to us! The cutlery crowd is waiting! ..I've got nothing really planned, haha, I know. Classic me, just figuring it out as I go.🙉 ..I got more sweet potatoes to use up, so maybe I find something to do with those, but let's hear all about your meals!

Anyway, now that we are pre-fueled or at least full of food fantasies, what workouts are we busting out? Imma tell you all right now, I'm taking the active rest this weekend. That lower body routine I did yesterday has got me all majorly sore and duck walking big time. It never fails to deliver that soreness. For the curious, it was this little devil gem right here: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/strength-hiit-and-pilates-workout-for-a-bigger-butt-and-strong-legs-lower-body-burnout

But what direction are you taking this weekend? Be it rest, sweat, stretching, yoga, or maybe just walking to the fridge? Whatever activity or not, I hope it feels good to you! Always make it work for you.

🎶Closing time.🎶 ..It's time for me to put down the microphone and get outta here; but not before I leave you all with some sort of half-motivations and drill endless reminders for you all to be safe and have fun in whatever you do! ..Maybe you got a lot going on, or find yourself playing catch up, but I do hope you take this weekend as an opportunity to reset and relax and not let life get too overwhelming, because it can if we let it.

So don't just stop and smell the roses. Smell whatever is around you in the moment you are in! ...Hm, that really did sound better in my head.

Okay, okay, I'm going now.. Kim's got you covered back on Monday. I only do this on weekends😉

Edited