Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, October 18th

Hello and Happy Friday (or Saturday) Blenders!

Yay! We did it! We've made it to the cusp of the weekend, and man, does that feel good! It's supposed to be a sunny, crisp Fall day here too--so it doesn't get much more perfect than that!

How about you, Blenders? How're things goin for you? Is the weather nice where you are? Are you doing some fun outdoor activities to enjoy some nicer weather?

Well, the weather was pretty nice when were visiting Lake Superior last week, and Furry Trainer #2 here had a grand ol' time! For #FurryTrainerFriday I've got a pic of her goin nuts running along the beach, and trying to jump massive pieces of driftwood. (Just look at that crazy face. haha) This dog loves the beach so much (Lake Superior beaches especially--we took her there a lot with my little buddy too, when she was just a baby--so they're her favorite of all the beaches.)

Feel free to contribute any and all #FurryTrainerFriday pics you may have today, FB Fam! It's never a bad idea to give them a bit of an extra shout-out for all that they do!

Speaking of which--if you have Furry Trainers: do they ever 'help' you with your workouts?

Mine do! My girls like to sit next to me when I'm doing any kind of mat work, and they'll either get an inch away from my face and just stare at me, or they'll punch me. haha. My little man, though, he's a bit more outgoing in his 'help.' He often gets a toy of some kind, and tries to press it to my face while he's chewing on it, or he climbs on me when I'm doing mat work (caz, ya know, what's an extra 45 lbs on your back when you're doing pushups? 😂), or we have to play racquetball in between sets.

I love working out with the 'help' of my Furry Trainers though!

And speaking of working out: what do we have planned for today, Blenders? Is it a workout day, or rest day for you?

Barring any soreness that may set in later today, I plan to do upper body strength https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/functional-upper-body-workout-for-strength-and-coordination and a physioball core routine https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/challenging-exercise-ball-ab-workout . Since I did kickboxing yesterday, I will see if I develop that signature upper back soreness later today---and if so, I will probably axe the upper body routine. My lower body is most definitely sore though from yesterday! That combo of kickboxing and lower body strength is awesome! (This was the routine I did yesterday, in case you're wondering: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/cardio-kickboxing-and-lower-body-strength-workout )

I'm sure I'll get all the help from the Furry Trainers with today's workouts as well! (Though they're not a fan of the physioball. It is something that must be barked at repeatedly, and kept in its place. haha)

And how about some good #eatrealfood goin on today? What's on the menu, Blenders?

We're gonna have some leftover beef stew! Hubby made a bunch of it yesterday and it's delicious! So that's what we'll be havin!

Ok, now: let's have a Fitness Friday question!

We talk a lot about goals and motivation in fitness. And those are often very fluid and constantly changing. I think we can all agree that we have the motivation to keep working out to have better overall health and wellness as a lifelong goal.

However, it's also beneficial sometimes to have shorter term goals as well. (Bonus question: does having goals help or hurt your motivation? Why or why not?)

So I'm curious as to what your current goals are that are motivating you? Or what you hope to achieve with working out currently? Again, we are all, for the most part, doing this to increase our overall quality of life, and to be healthier for life. But I'm curious if you have a specific goal you are working towards currently. It could be something like doing full pushups, working on consistency with your work outs, increasing the weight you lift, doing the advanced versions of a specific move, or maybe just finishing a Program you never have before. (Of course I'm talking about being realistic with goals, and not obsessive or overzealous to the point of injury or harm. We're keepin it health for both body and mind here!)

So how about it Blenders: what are your current goals that are helping you to stay motivated?

Mine include working my core more! I've been doing this for maybe a month now? And I've already seen a massive improvement--not like, "I have a six pack" or anything (caz honestly that's not important to me), but with my form, and the amount of weight I can lift. I have been able increase weights in several different moves that I couldn't before, because I've been focusing a bit more on abdominal/lower back work.

It's almost like K & D have preaching that for years, and some of us (i.e. Me) are kind stubborn and slow to listen. (Yep, tis I! haha)

So that's my current goal that keeps me goin: so what's yours?

As always, I look forward to reading your responses, and thank you for taking the time to answer!

Alright guys, this concludes today's rambling!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Don't forget you'll be checking in this weekend with my fantastic co-host: Raven! (unless you need me to do it, Raven--don't be afraid to let me know if you ever need a break! That's why I'm here!) We'll get a break from the cold north, and you'll get to see some awesome sunny warmth from Florida! Thanks again for hosting weekends, Raven!

Ok, FB Fam! Have a great day, a great weekend, and take care of yourselves!

(P.S. As an extra extra bonus question today: I promised Sari before my vaca that I'd put together a "FB Throwback Challenge" using older FB workouts. If you have any older workouts--let's say four or more years old---that you'd like to see included, please let me know! I'll get to work on that soon, and we'll have another challenge to do in the next few weeks! You can check how old a video is by viewing it's publish/release date on Youtube! Thanks again guys!)

Edited