S
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

I almost lost everything

In March, I lost my best friend to cancer, and I hadn't dealt with it very well. I stopped wanting to exercise, although I kept it up. Lost my motivation for FB. Was frustrated I wasn't skinny. My exercise tapered off through the summer months and September, and then at the end of September, I suffered a very bad concussion. A total accident, not sports related, just a freak occurrence. The effects literally crippled me. The exhaustion, the pressure in my head, the dizziness with the slightest movement, and the times my brain just couldn't handle the light or noise it was exposed to. It was terrifying, especially as the prognosis was uncertain. My doctor was quite blunt and said it could last a month, or years. Everyone is different. I could return to exercise in a very slow incremental progression and have to stop the second any symptoms are triggered. After 3 weeks my symptoms have greatly lessened so I tried my first FB workout-and kept it low impact. I was shocked at how weak I felt, and how my balance was poor. But I could manage it and I was so grateful. I will build myself back as far as my head will let me. It will be slow, but I am grateful to have FB. As someone who prided herself on doing HIIT and lifting heavy, this is humbling and terrifying, but I will do it. I had accomplished a lot with my fitness and I will never take that for granted again!

Be proud of what you have accomplished you wonderful blenders! Remember how valuable it is.