S

Not in the best head space food wise

Hi FB family! This is pretty much a vent, but also to see if anyone else had gone through this or is currently going through this. It's been two and a half years since I started FB and it has definitely changed my life for the better (thanks Kelli and Daniel!) I started initially because I had really poor diet, was overweight and diagnosed with a metabolic disorder. Now after two and half years, although I've lost the excess weight (40lbs worth), gained strength (I can do one full push-up now y'all), flexibility and control over my body,..I haven't gained control over my disorder.

And because of this lack of control, I think I have acquired a bad habit. I could eat my main meal, and then eat another extra meal after that, and still feel hungry. In fact I seem to get MORE hungry after a meal (as if that's even possible but who the heck knows since my body is great at betraying me in many ways). This is creating such a bad relationship between me and food now. I feel so upset every time it happens (like right now) but it still keeps happening every day for at least one meal. So I keep tracking every calories now and pre-planning meals and I don't want to do that for the rest of my life. Pre-planning my meals doesn't stop me from eating a lot in one sitting either. I feel like I'm losing control.

At first I thought "Hmm, maybe I'm not eating enough?" However, I'm eating plenty (2000+ calories and I'm short 5'0). I thought maybe my food isn't 'balanced' macro wise or nutrition wise, but nope I tried different combinations (more or less carbs, more protein, more fat, less fat, less protein etc.) and included nutrient-dense food (some of the recipes I got from here, thanks to #Andrewcomplete and others for posting their wonderful recipes. I especially love seeing meals by FTT (if you're reading this hello from another Bengali person missing traditional food)). I'm so confused. I know this may just be due to what I was diagnosed with but it has never happened to me before this year. I'm trying to make an appointment and sorting things out because honestly I am a bit scared and very frustrated and angry with myself. Planning meals, over-eating, calories and macros are taking up a lot of mental space. I want to reserve space for things that actually matter, I'm a student, and I just want to focus on doing well and spending time with friends and family, not food.

That's pretty much it