B

Lose weight first?

I had this whole paragraph typed up with all my history and decided short and sweet was better :)

For insurance purposes, I have to stay below 30 BMI or I have to pay a "Wellness Fee" unless a doc certifies I'm an athlete. At 5'2 160 lbs I'm really close, so I can't really afford to add more weight, but I want to lift and start back working out. However, everytime I do, I add a few lbs (which would put me over on BMI), so should I try to lose weight first? I don't know if I'm not giving it long enough (last time as about 2-3 months) or what, but once I add that weight, it doesn't come off until I stop lifting. I run twice a week for 3 miles and then a mile or two or Sunday and I run because I enjoy it (runner's high is real for me!) Anyway, any advice?

P.S. Food wise, I mainly portion control, I've tried cutting out all the bad stuff several times and after about six months, I usually crash and then lose progress, so for me it works better if I just don't deny myself anything, but try to not eat as much. I lost from 214lbs to 160 lbs from May 2015-August 2016 and have managed to keep it off, but I seem to be stuck here.