Not fitness related, just a post to remember your loved ones

So, a month ago, in August 25th of this year was my grandfather’s 82th birthday, we had fun but I was anxious about it all ending quickly so I could get back to work. At night I remembered I had to check if the birthday present for my sister was at a mall that is close by to the house, I insisted on going and my grandpa came with me.

Long story short, he fell directly to a flight of stairs, he had a severe injury on his forehead that required stitches. Well I obviously regretted having so much hurry to get back to work instead of having fun with him.

I’ve noticed he’s been acting weirdly the last few weeks but every exam that they did came out perfect so we weren’t worry. Two days ago he started to feel weak and his head hurt a lot and he was dizzy. Today he couldn’t feel his right side so here we are at the hospital, apparently the day he hit his forehead he had a little bleeding on his head, it didn’t show in the exams, but two-three days ago he had a new bleed.

I’m in the waiting room while he is in surgery and all I can think about is all the times I didn’t tell him how much I love him and how much I regret making him go out that night to the mall, and also not trusting my instincts and insist a bit more on him having doing more exams to check his head.

So aside from venting a bit, I wanted to say to everyone who’s reading that we have to remember about our loved ones, we have to tell them how much we love and appreciate them, and everything nice about them and actually spend time with them instead of dreading it even if it’s for a silly thing like buying groceries with them, because we really don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow.

Thank you for reading.