My Announcement

I am done! I QUIT!

I'm a nurse, and a great one to boot. For the whole and entirety of my life, I wanted to be just a nurse. I wanted to save lives and help people. After graduation, I worked my butt off to prove that I was a good nurse. That all changed the day I realized I can’t be a nurse anymore, at least not in Croatia.

The job itself began to take a toll on me. The patient to staff ratio began to get dangerously high. The admins in their perfect office world send orders for things/changes that no floor nurse would ever want. The department heads would look the other way when we asked for help, giving excuses and reasons why they “wanted to help us but couldn’t.” Nurses were let go for reasons I’ll never understand or left because they could see what was happening. The ones that stay are either bullies or lazy, or too scared to do something about anything...

Then one day, SOMETHING happened. It wasn’t one particular thing. There wasn’t a patient or a specific circumstance. I just had a realization. It was the realization that nothing is going to change. Croatian Healthcare is a broken system...

I decided to not stress myself out about things I cannot change or control. I can make only one change, that being the change in me. So, after the last 5 years working in the same hospital, I gave my RESIGNATION and ended my employment with the establishment that I thought I’d retire from.

(For those who don’t live in Croatia – to quit a secure job until retirement in a state establishment with a good salary – is simply perceived as stupid and ungrateful. I don’t promote doing something foolish since all of us have responsibilities and usually, the job is one of them.)

Don’t get me wrong. I still love being a nurse. I’m leaving for a somewhat different job position - one as a nurse in a different state, maybe even on a different continent. The change is exactly what I need. Or so I HOPE.

So far, I did everything by the book. Went to school, got good grades, found a job, became a good worker. But it’s wasn’t enough...

And when I started to question my lifestyle and making changes wellness-wise and fitness-wise, I needed to accept that there is a possibility to make bigger ones than just adding workouts. This job, no – this position - infected my life in much deeper sense and my health was taking a toll as well. It was a tough call, but it was time for a change!

I owe myself the biggest apology for putting up with what I didn't deserve. I was in constant MOOD POISONING! Quite honestly, I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or EVER AGAIN. And I changed, just like that.

I decided that it's time for the only diet in my life: THE ELIMINATION DIET – I removed all the anger, regret, resentment, blame, guilt, and worry. Then, and only then did I see my health and life improving. Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity. You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of success is found in a daily routine.

From this day on, I wish to wake up every day and still be in a place where everything feels right. Where my heart is calm and my soul is lit. Where my thoughts are positive and my vision is clear. I have to do what is right for me, because nobody else is walking in my shoes...

I'm at peace with where I've been, what I've been through and where I'm headed. To all of you, I wish the very same...