Daily Check-In: Tuesday, October 8th

Happy Tuesday-ish, FB Fam! Could be a ripe Tuesday depending on where you are in the world, but a Tuesday check-in for you right here nonetheless! And a two for tuesday at that! Featuring reptiles with shells.

The pic on top is a baby gopher tortoise. This one fits in the palm of your hand and are typically very shy, hence the head hiding when I approached. I have a healthy population of these guys, at all different ages/sizes dwelling around my property.

The freshwater turtle however, is just a passerby and not shy one bit. She's looking around for a body of water and I guess crossing my land was the fastest way to get there. She was not in the mood to be a model for me. Perhaps I was interupting her jog. Sorry, Ms. turtle. There are several different kinds of freshwater turtles, so don't even get me started on trying to tell the differences between ones like a yellow bellied slider and an eastern river cooter. My best guess though is that Ms. Turtle is closer to the cooter. Good to know.

So, how is everyone? Are we getting into the swing of things post Monday? Maybe we are swinging things today? Like kettlebells? Speaking of workouts, how are those workouts treating you? Enjoying something heavy or tackling something lighter? I'm on the lighter end today with simple active rest, but I absolutely loved my total body strength training session yesterday! It felt good to lift after a week of rest and stretching. It felt really really good! And hopefully, whatever workout or restout you do today will have you feeling great!

Alright! Who is ready to get to the food portion of the check-in? What is goin' on in the kitchon?^^ Tonight, I'm thinking something with turkey. Yep, that's as far as I got. I'm such a planner. And anything I do plan is subject to changeπŸ™ˆ ..How about you guys? Spill the dinner beans! Just, not literally because that wouldn't be fun.

Lisa, I wanted to say that your post saved my dinner yesterday! It gave me the idea to finally try out the Morrocon lentil soup from FB. I thought it was delicious! Family didn't mind it either! Double win! Although I got a, "this would be better with chicken in it" comment.πŸ˜‚ ..And they are not wrong. I could see chicken going really well in that dish. Either way, recipe saved! I want to start trying a new dish every week just to break out of the norm. Surely my local fam won't complain if it's just one night. As long as I cut the recipe in half. And it's a side dish. Hah, so many stipulations, lol.

Okay, photo with more information than you bargain for; check!βœ” Workouts; check!βœ” Food; check!βœ” ..Alright! It's that time to gas up on motivation and meet the challenges of the day head on like Ms. turtle on her jog to the lake. Ain't nothing getting in her way! And it's also totally okay to hunker down in a shell and regroup and wait for a storm to blow over. Little Tortoise up there's got the right idea. Different days need different ways, but in the end, you'll be okay. :)