What. A. Week.

Y’all. I had a LONG week. Thank Jesus for Friday!!

I didn’t get a lot of sleep this week, and I really didn’t feel like working out. Instead of bullying myself into exercise, I pushed my program a week, and rested a lot. I did a few short videos throughout this week, and I took a couple midweek days off. It was LOVELY to embrace the freedom to listen to my body. I enjoyed the short workouts (like 8-15 workouts most of the time), and I enjoyed the rest.

Tomorrow I am planning on SLEEPING IN. And then, if I’m up to it, I may tackle a long video (I’m eyeing a 1000 calorie one!).

I’m learning to embrace my freedom in Jesus to enjoy exercise and lean into rest. Like Shauna Niequest titled one of her books, I want to be “present over perfect” in my health journey!

Also, I practiced some gratitude through pictures today. I am not feeling overly grateful for this 90 degree weather in October, but I am so grateful to be near so many trees and to enjoy how beautiful it looks outside in this season. I may not always love everything about the season Jesus has me in (both in reference to the weather and my spirit!), but I love (even though I can struggle to) practicing some stillness to see His goodness where I’m at.

Edited